Do you need more energy? Whether it’s staying on top of your game at work, or chasing little ones around the home, we all need plenty of energy to fulfill all that we’ve been given to do.
Up until recently, I felt tired most of my life. Drained, listless, and always wanting to take a nap. And as all Moms know, naps don’t always happen on command when little people are involved!
But what makes us tired? (Aside from not getting enough sleep!) What makes our bodies function like a car running low on gas? One culprit is a Vitamin B12 deficiency.
According to Dr. Mercola, Vitamin B12 is responsible for the following functions in our bodies:
* Helping to maintain normal energy levels
* Promoting healthy neurological activity, including mental alertness
* Supporting normal homocysteine levels for healthy heart function
* Helping to ease occasional stress and sleeplessness
* Maintaining healthy cell growth and repair
* Promoting normal immune function
* Supporting normal metabolism of carbohydrates and fats
So how do you know if you’re getting enough? To start with, look at the amount of meat, particularly red meat, in your diet. Vegans & vegetarians in particular are at risk for low levels of B12. That’s because plants have virtually no B12.
However, animal foods like meat, eggs, milk products and fish are very high in B12. So is kombucha!
There are also several Garden of Life supplements available that give awesome amounts of B12 so you can be sure you’re getting enough. I take one in particular whenever I’m needing a boost- it really makes a difference!
If your energy is lagging today, take a look at your diet today and see if you’re getting enough B12. Chances are, you’re not, and it’s an easy change to make!