(By the way, the sugar on the bottom right hand side is the REAL stuff!)
Ladies, are you needing some do it yourself luxury? I know I could always use some! My sister sent me this recipe for a DIY sugar scrub, and I can’t WAIT to try it, so I thought I’d pass it on to you! I know my heels sure could use some right now! 😉
(This recipe is taken from Michelle Phan, a beauty guru, at www.MichellePhan.com)
I’ll be making a batch this weekend, so let me know if you try it too! I’m also envisioning some pretty Christmas gifts for my Mommy friends. 😉
Sugar Olive Oil Scrub (Recipe by Michelle Phan)
- Three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons organic honey (does not have to be organic, regular honey is fine, too)
- One half cup organic sugar (does not have to be organic, regular sugar is fine too, but no Splenda)
- Measuring utensils
- One chopstick or stirring stick
- One clean container
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to your container.
- Next, add the honey. * NOTE: Adding in this order will help to get all the honey out of the measuring utensil
- Add the sugar to the mixture.
- Stir well with the chopstick or stirring stick.
- These amounts don’t have to be exact, and you can adjust the proportions as needed.
- Do not store in the fridge.
- Wash your face and make sure your makeup is completely removed before applying the scrub.
- Use a tiny spatula to scoop one little scoopful, and apply all over your face.
- Scrub in a broad, circular motion (avoid your eye area!).
- After about 60 seconds, rinse off the mixture.
- Pat dry your face.