(By the way, the sugar on the bottom right hand side is the REAL stuff!)
Ladies, are you needing some do it yourself luxury? I know I could always use some! My sister sent me this recipe for a DIY sugar scrub, and I can’t WAIT to try it, so I thought I’d pass it on to you! I know my heels sure could use some right now!
(This recipe is taken from Michelle Phan, a beauty guru, at www.MichellePhan.com)
I’ll be making a batch this weekend, so let me know if you try it too! I’m also envisioning some pretty Christmas gifts for my Mommy friends.
Sugar Olive Oil Scrub (Recipe by Michelle Phan)
- Three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Two tablespoons organic honey (does not have to be organic, regular honey is fine, too)
- One half cup organic sugar (does not have to be organic, regular sugar is fine too, but no Splenda)
- Measuring utensils
- One chopstick or stirring stick
- One clean container
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to your container.
- Next, add the honey. * NOTE: Adding in this order will help to get all the honey out of the measuring utensil
- Add the sugar to the mixture.
- Stir well with the chopstick or stirring stick.
- These amounts don’t have to be exact, and you can adjust the proportions as needed.
- Do not store in the fridge.
- Wash your face and make sure your makeup is completely removed before applying the scrub.
- Use a tiny spatula to scoop one little scoopful, and apply all over your face.
- Scrub in a broad, circular motion (avoid your eye area!).
- After about 60 seconds, rinse off the mixture.
- Pat dry your face.