Here are 30 simple ideas for delicious, nutritious snacks that will keep you and your family full between meals, and that make great additions to school lunches too.
Many of these snacks (like the muffins, cookies, and nuts for example) can be made in bulk, and even frozen to save you time. Snacks such as organic raw cheese sticks or cubes are very filling and can almost be a meal in themselves (a lovely large slice of organic raw cheese will keep you surprisingly full!) No matter your family’s preference, I’m sure you’ll get at least a few new ideas!
Enjoy and remember that the best defense to poor eating choices is ALWAYS a good offense!
Without any further ado, here’s your “offensive lineup” for great health!
30 Easy Snacks For Busy Families
- Soaked and dehydrated organic nuts: almonds, walnuts, cashews
- Homemade trail mix: aforementioned nuts, organic shredded coconut, probiotic chocolate, organic raisins, organic dried apples, etc
- Nuts with organic really raw cheese slices
- Really raw cheese cubes
- “Ants on a log” Organic almond or peanut butter on organic celery w/org. raisins (kids love this!)
- Organic apple slices with org. almond butter or organic peanut butter
- Organic carrots & homemade hummus
- Coconut flour cookies
- Coconut flour muffins or crackers
- sprouted flour muffins, cookies, crackers
- “Fried” leftover oatmeal
- Raw milk or raw kefir or coconut milk smoothies
- Organic pita bread & homemade hummus
- Homemade organic tortilla chips and organic salsa
- Organic carrot slices with organic salsa
- Organic homemade guacamole with homemade organic tortilla chips
- Organic gluten free granola
- Homemade organic grass fed beef jerky
- “Fried” organic bananas in coconut oil, can be served with organic raw whipped cream too!
- Organic whole milk yogurt with organic fruit and org. vanilla extract
- Organic soaked pinto beans served with plenty of raw cheese and organic full fat sour cream
- Quesadillas made from org. sprouted corn tortillas and org. raw cheese
- Organic avocado mashed into a warm org. sprouted corn tortilla, sprinkled with a little salt, and rolled up
- Organic dried fruit: apples, mangos, cherries, blueberries, etc…
- Smoothies frozen into popsicle molds
- Green drinks (I love this for a snack! My favorite is Garden of Life’s Perfect Food Berry…mmmmm…)
- Organic free range hard boiled eggs
- Organic deviled eggs made with organic mayo and organic mustard
- Organic fruit leathers made from organic jelly in your own dehydrator
- Organic banana chips
- Organic raw bananas
- Organic grass fed beef hot dogs cut into small pieces served w/organic mustard
Your turn! What are your family’s favorite organic healthy snacks for when you’re on the go? Leave a comment below and tell us all about them!
With lots of love!