Hello and happy Friday to you! The kids and I spent most of yesterday cleaning up from Christmas. We are now enjoying some winter sun, and tomorrow it’s supposed to be 50 degrees! Of course, the next day is supposed to be 20, but we’ll take what we can get!
Today we continue our holiday oil fun with day #7- one that is truly delightful especially in winter and year round too- tangerine!
Tangerine (Citrus reticulata) is a calming essential oil with a sweet, tangy aroma, similar to orange. It helps with occasional nervous irritability. An excellent oil to help uplift, tangerine is also rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene. Tangerine may also be used to enhance the flavor of food.
Here’s 5 easy ways to use tangerine oil to boost your spirits this winter:
- Inhale directly from the bottle for a mental pick me up! Tangerine, like all citrus oils, boosts serotonin levels in the brain.
- Tangerine is excellent for the lymphatic system and promotes detoxing, and also helps to enhance the circulatory system. (Blood flow in the body) Add a couple drops to 10-12 oz water and drink daily.
- Tangerine has been clinically studied for its ability to aid with anxiety, stress, and to help the mind calm down. To use for this purpose, put 2 drops on your palm, rub your hands together, cup over your nose and inhale deeply.
- Add several drops to homemade deodorant.
- Tangerine oil can really help with water retention. Drink in water for this purpose as well.
I hope you enjoyed these simple tips- tangerine will really boost your spirits this winter!
To get your own powerful and delightfully sweet smelling tangerine oil, click here: www.youngliving.org/cathslezinger
Have a fantastic and very blessed Friday!
With many blessings,